Poker is a highly volatile and unpredictable game, but to get to grips with it, you must understand the hierarchy of the different hands. So, for example, you will need to know how to assemble a full house as well as understand the significance of full house hands to get the most from your poker games.
Our in-depth guide will put you in the picture by explaining the house ranks as well as suggest some tips, so you can land full houses more regularly. Read our guide to find out more.
WHAT IS A FULL HOUSE?
Full houses are also known as a full boat or a boat, is a five-card hand that contains a three-of-a-kind and a pair. The three cards will all be of the same rank. While the full house is a strong and often winning hand, as you will see later, it is not unbeatable.
HOW DOES A FULL HOUSE POKER HAND RANK?
A full hand is a very strong hand and there are over 3,000 ways to form a full house in poker. But what are the house rankings? Our findings below will reveal more.
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four of a Kind
- Full House
- Flush (includes ace high flush)
- Three of a Kind
- Two Pair
- High Card
HIGHEST FULL HOUSE COMBINATIONS IN POKER
In terms of poker hands, the best full house hand in poker is Aces full of kings, which will have three aces of different suits and two kings (hearts and spades). We have listed below some of the best full house combinations for community cards in poker. Some of these will be of the same suit:
- Aces Full of Kings which is also referred to as Aces Full (Three of a Kind aces and a pair of Kings).
- Aces Full of Sevens (Three Aces of different suits and a pair of sevens).
- Jacks Full of Aces (Three Jacks of different suits and a pair of Aces). This is the third best possible hand.
- Queens Full of Aces (Three Queens within the same hand and a pair of Aces).
HOW TO GET A FULL HOUSE IN POKER?
So, if you want to improve your chances of making a full house, then you might find our following tips to be rather handy:
- Play aggressively – In a poker game, such as Texas hold’em, a full house is one of the best hands, so we advise that you go gungho at the table, and outsmart your opponent as this could pay dividends.
- Consider slow plays – Sometimes, it is worth being a bit cannier. A good example of this would be to introduce slower plays to break things up a bit, such as checks and calls before showing your poker hand. Player holds can be key.
- Learn from mistakes – In most cases, you should note what went well and what didn’t do so well, so you can move on and improve your performance. Ultimately, this will help you gain more from the pot when up against two players or more.
- Take advantage of a bonus code – You may be able to use a promo code for a poker game, so take advantage as these offers can be quite lucrative for these types of games.
FULL HOUSE POKER PROBABILITY
Let’s now turn our attention to the probability of getting a full house in two variants of poker – Hold’em and Omaha.
HOLD’EM STAGES AND PROBABILITIES FOR FULL HOUSE
- Pre-flop – 0.14% (based on 5 hole cards randomly drawn from a full 52-card deck)
- Flop – 0.09% (when holding three of a kind with a pocket pair)
- Turn – 12.77% (from a set on the flop)
- River – 19.57% (from a set on the turn)
OMAHA STAGES AND PROBABILITIES FOR FULL HOUSE
- Pre-flop – 0.14% (based on 5 cards randomly drawn from a 52-card deck)
- Flop – 0.65% (when holding 3-of-a-Kind)
- Turn – 13.33% (when holding 3-of-a-Kind)
- River – 20.45% (when holding 3-of-a-Kind)
⭐ WHAT BEATS A FULL HOUSE IN POKER?
A full house is typically stronger in Texas hold’em tournaments than Omaha, but a full house, comes in fourth spot in our poker rankings. In terms of house rank, it is bettered only by these other hands - a four-of-a-kind, a straight, and a royal.
⭐ DOES A FULL HOUSE BEAT A STRAIGHT IN POKER?
Yes, a full house is a strong poker hand that will beat straight flush hands in poker. Both are deemed to be a strong house hand, however, as our poker hand rankings show, a full house is more valuable in the game than a straight and it's something many players have to get to grips with.
⭐ IS A FULL HOUSE BETTER THAN A FLUSH IN POKER?
Yes, a full house, or a boat as it is known, is a more powerful hand, and it can be rarely beat. In terms of rank, it is more potent when holding five cards.