Casino games have been providing dynamic entertainment for many years. Whereas players were required to visit a brick-and-mortar casino to play their favourite games up until a few years ago, 1996 saw the launch of the first online casino - giving players the opportunity to bring the fun home. Thanks to further technological breakthroughs, we’ve also witnessed the inception of Live Casinos. Before the addition of Live Casino tables, casino players could only play alone against a computer algorithm. Now, players can enjoy table and card games with Live Casino dealers and other players from all around the world! Professional dealers maintain high gaming standards while managing the progress of each game, creating unforgettable and authentic casino gameplay. Using cutting-edge equipment to present live dealer games, Live Casinos guarantee high-quality visuals and unique features throughout every live session, providing a super realistic casino experience to players. We can also expect the introduction of more advanced features in the future, while casinos endeavour to boost the overall live gaming experience.
Live Dealer Casino
A Live Casino streams online casino games hosted by live dealers in real-time. More than one player can join each round, opening up the opportunity for several players to take a virtual seat at the same table from home or on the go. Each online casino offers a vast selection of card and table games and different variants of each, defined by specific betting ranges and unique rules which need to be adhered to if you choose to join one of the casino tables.
How does Live Casino work?
While standard online casino games - slots - are regulated by a computer algorithm, the way a Live Casino works differs considerably. Interactive tables are managed by real live dealers thanks to special in-built software, leading to a more dynamic and social gaming experience which keeps players on the edge of their seats. Live dealer casino games can have an integrated voice or text chat feature, which allows players to interact with each other and with the live dealer. Players place their bets by selecting virtual chips which represent the respective wager, and they can join and leave tables at any time. The sole requirement that players need to focus on is a fast and stable internet connection. Most rounds are time-restricted, so any lag spikes can be the difference between winning and losing.
How to play live casino Canada?
Starting your journey at a Live Casino is simple. All you need to do is choose the best online Live Casino, create an account, place a deposit, choose a live table, make your bets by placing virtual chips on the table and enjoy playing your favourite live dealer games. Do remember to claim the Live Casino Welcome Bonus (depending on your jurisdiction)! In case of any issues, you can contact the casino's Customer Support team.
Best Live Casino games
Live blackjack, live poker, live baccarat and live roulette are undeniably the casino table games which remain at the peak of popularity. NetEnt, Evolution and other leading developers have continually provided online casinos with unique game variants of each, in an endeavour to offer more exciting opportunities for players. Each live blackjack, poker, baccarat and roulette variant is defined by unique rules and betting limits to cater to each player’s budget and playing style. Recent additions which are also being sought after by several casino players are games based on Live TV Shows, like Deal or No Deal.
Live poker can be considered as the most complicated game you could find in any online casino. However, despite its complex gameplay, it’s still a favourite amongst many casino players who prefer live dealer games which require skill and strategy. The objective of the game is simple - you need to achieve the strongest hand at the table or bluff your way to a win. It might take players more time to get the hang of it; you need to learn all the possible hands you can build, how to bluff and how to read other players’ mannerisms and tells. Here are some popular variants found in most online casinos:
- Five-Card Draw - In this classic variant, your task is to build the strongest hand with five cards. Players can exchange any number of cards once to try and achieve a better hand, and the game consists of two betting rounds - one before and one after the card exchange. Hands are ranked as follows: High Card, One Pair, Two Pair, Three of a Kind, Straight, Flush, Full House, Four of a Kind, Straight Flush and Royal Flush.
- Three-Card Poker - This variant is played like Five-Card Draw, with the only difference being the number of cards used. Since the hand is made up of only three cards, Three-Card Poker is one of the quickest poker variants you can play live, and the number of possible hands you can build is fewer: High Card, One Pair, Flush, Straight, Three of a Kind and Straight Flush are the only ranking hands in this game.
- Texas Hold’em Poker - One of the most complex poker variants around, Texas Hold’em Poker is famously played in many poker tournaments. Players need to build a hand from two own cards, and five community cards dealt face up in three rounds. During the four betting rounds, players can choose to raise, call, check or fold; they can raise the ante if they have a favourable hand or withdraw if their hand is weak.
Live blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, thanks to its fast and straightforward gameplay. The game’s objective is to build a hand as close as possible to 21 without busting. The possible actions you can take are several, depending on the game - you can split, double down, hit, stand or take insurance, depending on your hand’s value. Up to eight players can play against the live dealer during each round, and you can even play multiple hands at some tables if there’s space available. Some common variations include:
- Double Exposure - Whereas only one dealer card is face-up in the standard game of blackjack, both the dealer’s cards are face-up in this variant. Due to the higher advantage enjoyed by players, this variant generally offers lower payouts.
- Single Deck - Blackjack is generally played with four to six decks of cards to discourage players from card counting. In the Single Deck variant, only one deck is used, allowing players to decide whether to hit or stand by taking into account the probability theory.
Many variants also boast a number of side bets - wagers you place on particular occurrences on the table. Although the payouts are usually higher than those of standard wins, the chances of winning are very low.
One of the most straightforward casino games is none other than Live Baccarat. It only takes a few seconds for a round to complete, making it one of the quickest live dealer casino games. The aim of baccarat is to build a hand worth nine or as close as possible to this value. Players can bet on three possible outcomes - a Player’s or Banker’s hand to win or on a Tie (push). In live baccarat, the cards are dealt by the live dealer, but the gameplay decisions are automatic. Neither the Player’s hand nor the Banker’s can decide if they want a third card. If the total value exceeds nine, the first digit is disregarded and only the second digit is taken into account.
Live roulette is composed of an interactive table and a real spinning wheel managed by a Live Casino dealer. Since it’s a game of pure chance, live roulette doesn’t require any strategy like live blackjack or poker. All that players need to do is set a bet on a single number or group of numbers by placing virtual chips on the table. Once the bets are placed, a small ball is launched by the live dealer along the rim of a spinning wheel - in the opposite direction. When it loses its momentum, it descends into one of the pockets. The number on which the ball lands is the winning number, and once the round is complete, the ball is removed. The live roulette variants you can find in many online casinos are several, but here are the most common variations:
- European Roulette - This is the classic, most popular version which consists of 36 numbered red and black pockets and one green zero pocket.
- American Roulette - Rather than having only one zero pocket, this variant has an extra double zero pocket, which boosts the casino’s edge over the players.
- French Roulette - This variant is similar to European Roulette, with the addition of ‘la partage’ and ‘en prison’ rules.
- Mini Roulette - New players can opt for this variant which features 12 pockets, instead of 36, increasing your chances of winning.
- Multiball Roulette - As the name implies, more than one ball is used in this variant, leading to multiple winning numbers.
These most recent additions to the Live Casino portfolio are games based on quiz and game shows, generally inspired by the wheel of fortune. Such games include Deal or No Deal, Dream Catcher, Crazy Time™ and Live Monopoly.
Live Casino tables
As already mentioned, online casinos offer different variants of each Live Casino game at different live tables. What makes each table unique is its set of rules, which cover how the cards are dealt, bet placement, betting markets, available side bets and features like Live Chat.
Why choose Live Casino games online?
Playing at a Live Casino is a unique experience which casino players may find themselves enjoying more than playing online games against an algorithm. What makes Live Casino so exciting?
- It offers a realistic casino experience thanks to the camera angles and high-quality visuals.
- No special hardware is required, players only need a desktop or a mobile device with internet access.
- Players can enjoy social interaction through Live Chat.
- Live Casinos offer exciting bonuses and promotions, including an intriguing Welcome Bonus to start with (availability may vary based on the player’s jurisdiction).
- Most online Live Casinos offer a professional Customer Support team to help players in case any issues arise.
- Players will find a wider variety of live dealer games to choose from in live casinos.
Live Casino Bonuses
When playing live table games at EnergyCasino, players can enjoy an exciting Welcome Bonus which consists of a 25% Cashback up to €250 on net losses on their first day of activity (subject to jurisdiction). Loyal customers can also take advantage of other ongoing promotions throughout their Live Casino experience. Always make sure you go through the Terms and Conditions of each casino bonus to avoid disappointment.
Moreover, EnergyCasino also hosts regular Live Casino tournaments where players can choose to play their favourite table games and compete for one of the top-ranking positions to win exciting monetary prizes or free spins.
Mobile Live Casino
If you prefer playing on the go, you can now also enjoy playing live table games on mobile. All you need to do is open the casino site on a mobile browser, select a Live Casino table, place your chips and start playing!
⭐What is a Live Casino?
A Live Casino streams online casino table and card games with a real live dealer and other players in real-time, conveying the same realistic experience of a brick-and-mortar casino.
⭐How do I play Live Casino games?
If you wish to start playing live dealer casino games, all you need to do is choose a casino which offers an intriguing Live Casino section with an extensive range of games, such as EnergyCasino. After you create an account and make a deposit, you can select a game of your choice, take a virtual seat at one of the available tables, make a bet and start playing.
⭐What types of games can I play in a Live Casino?
You can play popular card and table games when you visit a Live Casino section, including live poker, live baccarat, live blackjack, live roulette and live games inspired by popular TV shows. Each game offers different variants with specific rules and betting limits, allowing players to choose a game which meets their expectations.
⭐Does a Live Casino have real dealers?
Yes, live tables are managed by real live dealers, who are responsible for guiding and facilitating gameplay.
⭐When are Live Casino games available to play?
You can play online live games anytime and anywhere when you have the time to spare, as long as you have a device with access to the internet. Dozens of table games are available round the clock at our online casino, live dealer blackjack, live roulette, live baccarat and live poker amongst them.
⭐What are the system requirements for Live Casino tables?
All you need to play online Live Casino table games is a desktop or mobile browser and a fast and stable internet connection. You don’t need to download any software.